1 About the Project
The Global Order Project is a network of student groups and experts, who are studying issues of Global Order in various disciplines. We define Global Order broadly as: a global system, in which international actors behave according to specific determinants. In constructing our current and future Global Order, we see three major challenges:
- Different academic disciplines have different understandings of Global Order as well as the actors and determinants that define it. This ranges from the assumption of anarchy to the rule of law, and states as only actors to the empowerment of individuals.
- Different regions of the world differ greatly in their view of the current, as well as a desired future Global Order. The arguably largest division runs along the global north-south divide, but different regions that warrant different types of Global Order are manifold and include divisions between the US and Europe or Asia and ‘the West’, to the extent that one can even group these regions together. Conflicts arise not at least because of such differing descriptive and normative perceptions of Global Order.
- Finally, different generations will need to work together toward a common Global Order. Only by sharing knowledge, views, and ideas between the most experienced figures of Global Order and those that might shape it in the future, will we succeed in actively designing the world around us.
2 Team Freiburg
In 2015, the first Global Order Conference took place in Maastricht with about ten students from UCF participating. In the aftermath, they took up the role of bringing the next conference to Freiburg. Thus, an organization team was founded to coordinate all Global Order related matters at UCF.
Everybody who is interested is welcome to participate and engage with the Global Order Project. Events and other platforms are managed by the organization team. Students who are not entering their final year of studies at UCF are especially encouraged to apply in order to carry the Project over into the year after.
Orga Team Tasks
- Organize the annual Global Order Conference if it is supposed to take place in Freiburg
- Prepare interested students from Freiburg for participating in the conferene (regardless of location)
- Provide access to ideas, resources, events, and the network in general for students in Freiburg
- Interact, exchange ideas, and cooperate with other Global Order Project Teams (e.g. in Maastricht)
- Maintain an active platform throughout the year for students to engage with topics of Global Order (e.g. organizing a talk series, social media, etc.)
- Secure funding for the Project and its events
- Establish relations beyond UCF in Freiburg: invite other students and incorporate them into the project, contact press outlets, local foundations and other public and private actors
3 Contact and further information
Go to our website for more information about the project, upcoming events and news, and contact details. Like us on Facebook to never miss an event and other important news.
If you have any questions, feedback, or comments to the project and our online representation, you are warmly invited to contact us!